Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tonight's Episode: "Easily Persuaded"

So...hi. This is my first blog. Pretty much ever. Not entirely though...I used to write blogs on Xanga. Remember that? I wouldn't really call what I wrote blogs though...and I guess I won't call these blogs either. Because, to be honest, I don't really know what a blog is, so I probably don't know how to write one either. I will say, that I do plan on writing things here though...and I'm going to try to make these things be things that you might enjoy reading. Hopefully I will succeed.

Anywho, tomorrow Amanda and I are having a vlog (which is a video version of a blog, so at least I know half of what that is) in which we are answering questions that people have left on the comments page of her blog. I'm pretty excited for it. I was going over the questions today, and I saw that one person said "Hey Eric, why don't you have a blog? I would enjoy seeing what you have to say." or something like that...so, I did it. It doesn't take much to convince me to do things. One time Amanda set up this big obstacle course for me and my friend, and she was going to pay the winner. It involved things like eating cat food, eating several bananas and sitting on a merry-go-round, and rolling down hills...but it ended in a tie. She said that if one of us put on a Depends® undergarment and pooped ourselves, we would be declared the winner. So, I did it. I like winning...and that definitely made me a winner.

Following along with this train of thought, I listened to this person, and made a blog. I don't know if I'm going to stick with it or not. I don't know if I even actually want to do it. I don't know how to make decisions on my own. But, for now, I think it'll be fun. For me at least. Hopefully (if I'm lucky) Amanda will follow this blog, and get to find out what I really think about her. That would be a thrill. I don't get to see her enough.

Alright...so, that's all I have to say right now. I guess I just wanted to inform myself that I'm writing a blog.


(Honest question- Because I still don't know what a blog is. Obviously Amanda's blog is meant for people to read, because she shares book releases and crap there...but for a normal average nobody like myself, is a blog supposed to be like a diary? That I post on the internet? That anyone can read? Who am I writing to? Am I asking these questions to myself? Should I answer myself?)

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Eric. I'm glad you made a blog. I can't believe you did the obstacle course thing? Please tell me she paid you $1000. You should do a vlog one day of a day in your life. Search youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about tho it's pretty self explanatory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're definitely a winner. In fact, you probably couldn't have won any more than you really did when you ate the catfood. Yuck.

    Lovely to read your 'confessions of a virgin blogger'. Write about anything you like... as long as you keep it entertaining, then you'll probably hold my interest for a while.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Eric.

    Keep doing what you just did, don't be shy, be funny when you can and brilliant if ever possible (not sure if I ever hit the latter two, but oh well).

    Just remember that once it's on the interwebz, it's there forever.

    Have fun!

    Just 1 Writer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eric,

    This blog almost made me pee my freaking pants I laughed so hard. Can't wait to read more! Great job!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay Eric ! I remember that obstacle course, fun times ! after that night I didn't eat another banana for weeks, and have never been able to keep a straight face when I see Depends®. so, what about Round 2 ? I'm down !

    ReplyDelete